What do the registration fees cover?
Registration fees cover the costs of running the program, a uniform that your child keeps at the end of the season (including shorts, jersey, socks) , the "basic" photo package, and supplemental accident insurance for AYSO-sponsored activities.
You must pay separately for shoes, shin guards and a soccer ball. Proper equipment is essential for safety.
When is the soccer season?
The Fall season starts August 1. The first game is Saturday after Labor day. The target date for coaches to be given their team rosters is the first week in August. All teams can begin practice August 1. Due to coach's personal availability (e.g. vacations, etc.) the practices may not begin until a few weeks later.
When will the games be played?
All soccer games held in the Fall season are played on Saturdays only starting the first Saturday after Labor Day.
When do practices start and how frequent are the practices?
For the fall season practices begin after August 1. The coach can determine how often the team practices. Generally teams practice twice each week. The younger kids may practice only once a week. Practices cannot start before 4 p.m. It is up to the coach to determine where and what time the practices occur. It is impossible to predict what time this will be in advance of the team being formed.
What division should my child play in?
Visit our age chart on the registration page to determine which division your child will play in.
What kind of equipment does my child need?
- Players must be in team uniform to play in games.
- Shin guards are REQUIRED equipment for all practices and games.
- Shoes: Most players wear soccer cleated shoes but they are not required. If a player wears cleated shoes, ONLY shoes specifically designed for soccer are allowed (no baseball or football cleats). It is NOT required to stop a game if a shoe becomes untied or comes off (a frequent situation for younger players). Double knots are suggested.
- Players are expected to wear shorts and must wear shin guards.
- Bring a ball and bottle full of water to every practice.
- All jewelry INCLUDING PIERCED EARRINGS must be removed during soccer play (no exceptions).
- Ball sizes:
- U19, U16 & U14: size 5;
- U12 & U10: size 4;
- U8 & U6: size 3.
What is the refund policy?
Refunds are easy! Email email@example.com or let the registrar know of your request. Full refunds will be given before players have stepped foot upon a field for practice or game. You can also call 714-585-3161 to get more information.
What are the boundaries of your region? Can I join your region if I don't live there?
One of the main principles of AYSO is "open registration". This means that people from any neighborhood are welcome to join Region 55.
However, all of our games are played locally. The approximate boundaries of the game fields are as follows:
- North - Bolsa Avenue
- South - Garfield
- East - Beach
- West - Bolsa Chica Follow this link to find the locations.
Where is the check request form?
The check request form is available online.
Where is the claim form?
The claim form is available online.